Privacy & Security Information
We Respect and Protect Your Privacy. At Anchorline.ca, an important part of our commitment to provide you with service excellence is our respect for your privacy.
We do collect some technical information when you visit to make your visit seamless. The section below explains how we handle and collect technical information when you visit our website.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with personal information and submitting it to us through the website - we use that information to respond to your message and to help us find the information you have requested.
You may have heard about issues with websites storing email address in plain text, we do not store email addresses in plain text at Anchorline.ca!
We never create individual profiles or give it to any private or public organizations; we do not share, sell, trade or give away contact lists!
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages or download information on Anchorline.ca, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- the Internet domain (for example, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account or "yoursprivateinternet.net" if you connect from a network's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- the type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and operating system (e.g. Windows, Unix, etc.) used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit; and
If you linked to the Anchorline.ca website from another website, the address of that website. This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through Anchorline.ca. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer's hard drive. Anchorline.ca cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session.
As of 2008-01-01 we do keep a cookie if you vote in one of our polls, this is used to prevent mutilple voting on the same poll from the same computer.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to this site based on their visit to this site and other sites on the Internet,
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the Anchorline.ca website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Anchorline.ca provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Anchorline.ca site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website,
- does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer,
- cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website,
- is not responsible for transmissions that users receive from linked websites.